Monday, August 10, 2009

Top 5 Reasons Shatner Should Stay Away From The New Star Trek

Lately I've seen a lot of message board threads across a few fan boards suggesting ways William Shatner can be shoe-horned into the new Trek universe JJ Abrams & Co. have created.
Well, I say screw that noise.
Shatner had his run, his Kirk died a sissy death, he's done.
To make it clearer, here's my top five reasons to keep him out.

5.
He’s dead already
He suffered the ultimate railing death. As in flying through the air with not such great ease while he was clinging to it. He was then haphazardly buried by a British man playing a French man under a pile of heavy rocks. You just don’t come back from that. I don’t care what Shatner’s fan fiction novel says.


4.
Shatner’s ego
He’s already admitted to not having pictures taken of himself in his home over time, because it apparently reminds him of the aging process; so really, does he want a younger, more handsome Kirk staring him in the face?















3.
This is a new Star Trek; a new crew
Nimoy was necessary in this latest installment to link to the original; nothing more. Having Shatner return to play “Old Kirk” wouldn’t serve any story I could think of. The only thing it would serve is his ego….and really, that’s big enough already.





2.
George Takei will piss and moan over it
Really, I’m serious! The little twerp’s taken every other available chance he’s had to take pot shots at Shatner; this would just be more fuel for the “I should’ve had my show with the U.S.S. Excelsior” crap. Yes, George…we know, and I for one don’t care.










1.
Fanboys who want him in Trek still need to get the hell over it
I know, not really a reason, but to me, it’s the Shat-Fanboys who just can’t seem to let go that harm the franchise more than help it.
And this pretty much goes for any franchise; I mean I think I’ve become convinced that if those Fanboys had their way, Shatner would be playing Kirk well past having to change his colostomy bag.
And that’s just wrong people.

No comments:

Post a Comment